In modern days, people are investing in ductless air conditioners to experience cool weather and comfort in their houses. The mini-split cooling system is popular for the unique cooling effect it gives a room, especially on a hot day. The system also works well when you need warmth in the room on a cold day. The ductless air conditioners tend to be multi-functional. If you live in Sutton, MA, and the surrounding areas be sure to contact Landry Mechanical Inc Plumbing HVAC & Electric, talk to our skilled technicians and get the best advice on mini splits and their workability. Our skilled technicians will also advise you on the best type and size for either commercial or home use.
What Are the Functions of Ductless Air Conditioners?
Understanding how ductless air conditioners or mini-splits work is an important step for everyone looking to install them in their homes or offices. The mini-split cooling system tends to work like the traditional air conditioner, but different factors differentiate the two. Like its name, the ductless air conditioner does not have ducts. The ductless air conditioner cools the room by absorbing the moisture and heat from the air as it discards it to the outside. This is different from how conventional air conditioners work. They use ducts to take the heat in and out of the room through the vent system and then distribute the cool air into the room.
Components of a Ductless Air Conditioner
To better understand how the mini-split air conditioners work, it is best if you get a glimpse of the different components that make them. The ductless air conditioner has three parts:
- A condenser- A condenser is placed outside. It is responsible for taking the hot air from the room and dumping it outside, bringing in a cooling effect to the room.
- The blower unit – This is the part of the ductless air conditioner placed in a room. Its primary function is to pull in the hot air from the room, absorb the moisture and heat, send it to the outside of the room to the condenser, and bring in the cold air, which makes the room have that cooling feeling.
- The conduit-The ductless air conditioner’s last component is the conduit that connects the condenser and the blower unit, making it complete. It is the part that provides the electrical power to the ductless air conditioner, which is essential for its functionality.
Does a Ductless Air Conditioner Have Enough Cooling Power?
Now that you understand that the ductless air conditioner has different components, you might be wondering if they have enough cooling power. You may also be used to conventional air conditioners that you feel the mini-split cooling system may be too weak to help cool the hot air in your home or place of business. It is then safe to say that the mini-split’s workability is dependent on the size of your room. For the best results, a big room requires a big cooling system or a big mini-split while a small room requires a small cooling system.
Getting a small mini-split for a big room might require the cooling system to overwork while getting a large mini-split for a small room will leave the system underutilized. Therefore, it is important to get the right size and the most appropriate ductless conditioner for your room for great cooling effects and longer lifespan to the cooling system.
The ductless air conditioners come in different sizes, making it easy for you to identify the necessary BTU capacity. All you need to have is the right measurement of the room you intend to install the mini-split system.
- A mini-split with 12,000 BTU works best for 400 to 650 square feet of rooms.
- Those with 18,000 BTU work best for rooms measuring 600 to 1000 square feet.
- A mini-split with 24,000 BTU works best for rooms measuring 1000 to 1300 square feet.
If it is hard for you to determine the ductless AC you need, you should consult our technicians at Landry Mechanical Inc Plumbing HVAC & Electric. The technicians will visit the room or rooms in question and according to their size, give advice on the most appropriate ductless AC size. With the right size, the ductless air conditioner tends to have enough cooling power, making it a great investment.
Benefits of a Ductless Air Conditioner
The use of the mini-split cooling system is continuously increasing, as many people find the equipment better than the traditional air conditioners. Using the mini-split cooling system tends to have many benefits. They include
- The mini-split cooling system offers different functionality, including dehumidifying and purifying the air. It helps the user cut the costs of getting both air conditioners and air purifiers.
- The mini-splits are affordable, especially if you are getting them for personal use in the house.
- It is very easy to install a ductless air conditioner, and one does not need to have too much manpower to have them installed. You can have one technician come to your house and install it, unlike the big and complicated traditional AC that needs more manpower to install.
- The mini-split does not require any ductwork. This means that adding the air conditioners in the different parts of the house is almost effortless.
- The ductless air conditioners effectively save energy. They are believed to save energy by about 30% because they are ductless and do not experience duct leaks that lead to loss of energy.
- The ductless air conditioner is multifunctional; it can either heat or cool the room. The multifunctional aspect of the mini-split makes it a critical piece of equipment in the household since the homeowner does not have to buy different systems for different functions.
- The ductless air conditioner is flexible as it can be mounted anywhere, depending on the room’s configuration. You can mount the mini-split air conditioner on the floor, the wall, or the ceiling.
Investing in a Ductless Air Conditioner
Investing in a ductless air conditioner for your home or office is one of the best financial decisions you can make. The system not only saves you money on installation, but it also saves you money on utilities and its operations are quiet and smooth. Investing in a ductless air conditioner means that you will no longer be paying money for duct cleaning, duct inspections and even ductwork sealing. Eliminating the need for ductwork eradicates the possibility of having dust mites, bacteria, mold and viruses that normally find a haven in ductwork.
Call Us Today
If you need any advice regarding the different types of mini-split cooling systems or you want to purchase high-quality ductless air conditioners, in Sutton, MA, do not hesitate to call us. We have a team skilled and well trained in repairing and maintaining the cooling, heating and plumbing systems. We ensure to offer you professional services, great products, free price estimates as well as the most competitive prices in the region. For more information, prompt services and quality products, call Landry Mechanical Inc Plumbing HVAC & Electric today.